User terminations are triggered when users are frustrated while navigating the app, encoutering glitches or have trouble navigating the UI
A User Termination occurs when a user forcefully closes an app and immediately restarts it. The underlying frustration that prompts the user to restart the app often goes unnoticed by app developers, as it is not classified as a crash.
Instabug gives you visibility over User Terminations, which are detected automatically. You can now detect these issues early on, address them, so you can improve the app quality and retention.
What does a User Termination look like?
- User opened the App
- The App was very slow
- User closed the App and opened it again
How can I see User Terminations on the dashboard?
User Terminations are captured by default. You can reach the User Terminations section as shown in the below screenshot:
Similar terminations are grouped together by screen as shown in the below screenshot
User Terminations are grouped by events that happened on the same screen
What data is available in a User Termination:
- Patterns to highlight which subset of users has triggered the highest number of user terminations
- Occurrences view, where you can view every occurrence of the frustrating experience and what has led to it
- Occurrences include the following debugging data:
- Metadata of the device
- Session Profiler to know the state of the device for the last 60 seconds before the user termination was triggered
- Repro steps which is a visual step by step reproduction of the session of the user, screen by screen and interaction by interaction on the app up until the user triggered the termination
- Logs section including console logs and network logs for all API calls that were made during the session
Instabug's User Terminations feature can be a critical tool for developers seeking to enhance their app's user experience. By notifying you of user frustrations in real-time, it provides you with the opportunity to address issues promptly, maintaining user satisfaction and improving app performance.
Updated 5 days ago