Communication with your app users can be initiated in two ways:
- The user reaches out to you by creating a new chat which you can reply to from the chats page.
- You reach out to the user from your dashboard to reply to a specific bug report or survey response.
Responding to your users can encourage even more useful feedback. You can directly communicate with your users that have reported bugs, crashes, and even responded to surveys.
Let's say you receive a bug report from a user and you want to let them know that a fix is on the way or ask for more details. You can do this by reaching out to them directly from the bug report in your dashboard using the Reply to User button (or View Conversation if one already exists) as shown below.
Reply to your users by clicking on the button shown here in each bug report.
Valuable insights can be garnered from user survey answers, even negative responses, and often you want more information. Being able to chat with survey responders is really useful. Doing so is possible from the survey results page in your dashboard and choosing Reply to User (or View Conversation if one already exists) next to each answer.
You can easily see if you have any unread messages from users by checking these icons.
- Blue chat icon with red dot: You have a new unread message from the user.
- Blue chat icon only: You read the message but didn't reply (the user sent the last message in the conversation).
- Grey chat icon with arrow: You have replied to this user (you sent the last message in the conversation).
The chat icons in your dashboard are visible in your bugs page and survey results pages.