Support for Repro Steps
Currently, Repro Steps are not fully supported on Xamarin, so there may be some misbehavior with the repro steps not fully being captured.
Repro Steps show you all of the interactions a user makes with your app up until a bug is reported, grouped by app view. For each view that a user visits, all of the steps that they commit within those views are captured and displayed as a log, grouped by view.
For the following gestures, only the gesture is logged and displayed:
- Force touch
- Double tap
- Enabling/disabling a switch
- Changing the value of a slider
- Editing a text field.
Whenever one of the following lifecycle events occurs, it will be captured and shown on the timeline:
- Application is moved to the background
- Application is moved to the foreground
- Application becomes active
- Application becomes inactive
- Memory warning
Depending on the event, you'll find further details displayed as part of the log statement.
- Tap, double tap, and force touch: the SDK always tries to first capture the text rendered inside the UI that the user is interacting with, then we fall back to capturing the icon only with the buttons and navigation items, then, we fall back to the accessibility labels.
- Switch: both the accessibility label as well as whether the user enabled or disabled the switch are logged.
- Slider: both the accessibility label as well as the value that the user moves the slider to it are captured.
- Text fields: first, the SDK tried to capture the placeholder, then we fall back to the accessibility label.
Here are some examples of how steps look like:
Tapped on the button "Send"
Double tapped on UI that contains "Instructions"
Started editing “Password“
Enabled the switch “Push Notifications“
Moved the slider “Text Size“ to 10%
App went to the background
App became active
A disclaimer will be shown at the bottom of the report. It helps your users view all the screenshots taken for the Repro Steps before sending a report and can delete them as well.
This feature is enabled by default with screenshots starting from the Essential Plan. You can control it through the following API.
//iOS Instabug.ReproStepsMode = IBGUserStepsMode.Enabled; //Android new Instabug.Builder(this, "ANDROID_APP_TOKEN") .SetInvocationEvent(InstabugInvocationEvent.Shake) .SetReproStepsState(State.Enabled) .Build();
Here are the possible arguments.
//iOS IBGUserStepsMode.Enabled IBGUserStepsMode.EnabledWithNoScreenshots IBGUserStepsMode.Disabled //Android State.Enabled State.EnabledWithNoScreenshots State.Disabled
Updated over 2 years ago